Prestashop cache - when modification do not see
Some people face problems when they try to update or modify their Prestashops. They update files, install modules, but these actions are not visible in Prestashop. This problem often occurs in new Prestashop version – 1.4, because Prestashop 1.4 uses new cache system, now caching with “Smarty” and “Memcached”.
Some information about what is cache: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cache#Web_cache
When you modify your Prestashop, you can disable cache in admin panel: Preferences > Performance
- “Smarty“ block – „Cache:“ disabled
- „Caching“ block – „Use cache:“ disabled
Delete cache manually, clean up this folder:
- Prestashop root folder/tools/smarty/cache/
- Prestashop root folder/tools/smarty/compile/
If you use smarty v2, clean up this folder:
- Prestashop root folder/tools/smarty_v2/cache/
- Prestashop root folder/tools/smarty_v2/compile/
- Prestashop root folder cache/smarty/cache/
- Prestashop root folder cache/smarty/compile/
- Prestashop root folder cache/class_index.php (classes and controllers map)
When you add Prestashop in your business, it is recommended not to delete cache files and turn on all cache, because then your shop will work much faster.